Written by Samantha Simons from Pet Paradise Tallahassee
(Source: Pet Paradise Tallahassee)
October is flying by and Halloween is creeping around the corner. You're scrambling to help your kids pick out their costumes, struggling to decide on your own and on top of that, trying to decorate your house for the big night! You don't know how you're going to find time to figure out what costume your pet will wear, so we're here to help. We’ve scoured the internet for the best, most practical pet costumes out there so you don’t have to. We found costumes that won't break the bank and might stay on for more than 5 minutes! Take a look at some of these costume ideas:
- 1) Beanie Baby: Ever feel like you have a real-life stuffed animal living in your house? Create the classic Beanie Baby tag and attach it to your pet's collar and wallah! Now you do!
(Source: @the.king.kids on Instagram)
- 2) Favorite Character: Does your pup have a favorite super hero or cartoon character? Whether they love Krypto, Bolt or Scooy-Doo, character costumes can be oh so cute!
- 3) Football: Do you have a pup who never sits still? Then this is the costume for you! Grab some paper or felt to cut out the stitches for a football, and gently tape it to your pup's back!
(Source: Homes Alive Pets)
- 4) Halloween Classics: Ghosts, pumpkins, and witches are Halloween staples for a reason. You just can't go wrong!
(Source: @livingthatgoldenlife on Instagram)
- 5) Re-purpose Past Costumes/Old Clothes: Do you have old costume pieces stuck in the back of a closet somewhere? We're talking wings, tutus, headbands, old clothes, etc. You'd be surprised how easy it is to make them fit your fur baby!
(Source: Pet Paradise Houston Hobby)
Now that you've got some great Halloween costume ideas for your fur babies, you're all set for this spooky season and the big night. If you have other costume ideas for pets, leave us a comment below! Make sure to tag us on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter using #MyPetParadise so we can see what costumes you end up choosing this year!