(Photo Credit: Pet Paradise Lake Norman)
Here are 10 safety tips to help make sure you and your pet enjoy the holidays.
1. No turkey bones. They can splinter and cause problems for your pet.
2. Keep open flames out of reach. Curious animals and open flames can cause a big distribution to your holiday season.
3. No raw dough. An animal's body temperature can cause the raw dough to rise if ingested and lead to a trip to the vet.
4. Be mindful of holiday snacks. Chocolate and mixed nuts are a few favorites but can lead to a tummy ache or worse for your pet.
5. Avoid overindulgence. It’s not just what they eat, it’s also how much they eat.
6. Put away ribbon and tinsel. They're a great addition to a present but not your pet’s holiday diet, if ingested it can cause severe stomach issues.
7. Know your decorative plants. Do your research - many popular holiday decorations have high toxicities and are dangerous to pets.
8. Practice safe travels. Protect your pet in the car by following the proper animal travel regulations.
9. Stay unplugged. If you are leaving your fur babies at home then be sure to unplug everything from wall outlets; it’s better to be safe than sorry.
10. Be watchful of the weather. Make sure to keep an eye on the weather for appropriate outdoor play.